11 August 2009

In Memory Of Those On Board The Death Star

I was awakened by my dogs telling me that my roommate was "breaking into our house", albeit with her key, at 5:15 this morning.

I'd like to stop there and say that I hate when people say "a.m. in the morning".  It's retarded, like saying "I've been up since 5:15 a.m. in the morning".  That's when a.m. is.  The morning.

Anyway, I went out into the hall with a pistol, found out it was my roommate, and went back to bed.  Not to sleep, but to bed.  Sleep didn't return to me until 7 something a.m.  In the morning...

Chris Hardwick just said "I always get tricked into thinking that fantasy football is something with wizards, and I'm always disappointed."  He's a funny guy.  Check him out on G4TV on Web Soup, and Attack Of The Show this week.

So, Luke Skywalker is decidedly a bad person, real or not.  Not.

We were watching A New Hope last night and realized that he blew up the Death Star, along with all of the Empire employees on board, all without remorse.  He got back to Rebel base and just accepted everyone's cheering that he's a hero.  Yes, he was a hero, but what sort?

Maybe this is because the late seventies/early eighties were an easier time.  The bad guys were bad and we wanted them blown up with "state of the art" special effects.  We live now in an age of flawed heroes and sympathetic bad guys, and we have remorse when the bad guy suffers.

Even so, I guess the question is, "Were the thousands of employees on board the Death Star innocent or not?".

No matter what, give that guy a medal (in widescreen format)!

What do you think?

And finally, opinions on health care?

How about Glenn Beck?

Let's get political!  Maybe not...

1 comment:

  1. I wish Glenn Beck was on the Death Star....

    I heard the other day he was a Scientologist. Nobody listens to Tom Cruise. Why should we listen to Beck? Isn't he just as crazy but without a Dawson's Creek wife and box office appeal?

    This comment just proved that I am better at everything than you...even blogging.

    ReplyDelete